View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: (razz) An observation about low limit razz

[ QUOTE ]

The 1/2 player ranges between 37-42% VPIP in the games I have and makes about $10 an hour. If you play over there, and you want to PM me, I'll send you his name. I've rarely seen him lose, but I only have actual stats since I've gotten PT.

Then there are the maniacs -

"Z" has a VPIP of 48% - his variance is huge, he is ultra-aggressive and right now over the sessions I tracked him he is making $45 an hour playing 5/10.

"H" is insane. His VPIP is always around 60%. He doesn't do as well as Z, he only makes about $10 an hour at 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands on each of these?

For players that I have 5000 or more hands on, which is quite a few, there is only 1 winning player with a vpip above 40%, and I doubt it will last. The higher the stakes go the easier it is to be a winner or small loser with a high vpip because you pay less in rake. At pokerstars, I understand the ante to be 1/2 that of FTPs, which makes playing loose even worse, I'd think. I don't play there or track people there though.

Oh - and I am talking full ring here - I don't consider stats for players unless there are at least 5 people in a hand (I do import them but I filter them out when looking at vpip, win rate, etc)