View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

My (isolated) horrible experience with InstaDebit.

I had withdrawn $745 US from Titan Poker to InstaDebit. So far so good. I then proceeded to withdraw the $745 US from InstaDebit to my bank account. The next day I was only credited $727 CAD. My ensuing live chat support session:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for choosing INSTADEBIT, someone will be with you momentarily.
You have been connected to Bradley G.
Bradley G: Hello, how may I help you?
Customer: Hi, i recently withdrew $745 USD to my checking account, but was only credited with $727 CAD
Bradley G: That is a currency issue that must be resolved with the specific merchant. Please contact the website that you withdrew the money from.
Customer: no, i withdrew from INSTADEBIT
Bradley G: Did you withdrawal the money from your bank account using instadebit? Or did you withdrawal from a merchants website using instadebit, wanting to deposit into your bank account?
Customer: i withdrew *from* instadebit *to* my bank account
Customer: there was no merchant inlvolved
Bradley G: What website did use to get 745 American dollars, to put into your bank account?
Customer: Titan Poker
Customer: all 745 was in my InstaDebit
Bradley G: Titan Poker is the merchant, please contact Titan Poker regarding the currency issue.
Customer: this isn't a currency issue, this is an InstaDebit issue
Customer: all the money was perfectly withdrawn from Titan Poker to InstaDebit
Customer: however, InstaDebit, didn't credit my bank account for the full 745
Bradley G: One moment please.
Customer: you can see it clearly in my transaction history
Bradley G: Instadebit simply transferees the money that we are given. We do not convert the money for you nor do we charge anything. Please contact Titan Poker with issues regarding why you only received 727 Canadian dollars.
Bradley G: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: I RECEIVED 745 FROM TITAN
Customer: I DID NOT RECEIVE 745 FROM INSTADEBIT
Bradley G: Please contact Titan Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I then asked Bradley if he could comprehend English. To this he did not reply. I assume the answer would be "no."

<u>I have previously withdrawn from InstaDebit to my bank account *perfectly*</u> (proper $ amount and currency exchange). I would assume this is probably just an accounting error.

I then proceeded to call InstaDebit support. Fortunately, the lady on the phone did understand English. She says she will send an e-mail to security and I should get an answer the next business day. Hopefully, I'll also get my $18 USD someday.

Lesson: InstaDebit problems? Always use the phone because the service reps. (surprisingly) aren't outsourced and speak perfect English and the live chat operators can't seem to even read English.