View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Jman on HSP season 4?

[ QUOTE ]
I don`t want to judge Baxter, Safei and Brandon Adams (?) but I actually don`t understand why they pick those guys. Nothing against them but there are players outthere who have a name and make good TV.

What about Ivey (of course), Benyamine, Hansen, Townsend, Chip Reese? Even consider europeans like Luske or Ulliot. Tony G also could be a good addition.

Anyone has insight on why the producers pick who?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to clarify and correct you Wheels. Firstly, as has been mentioned, the reason they select at least 1-3 unknown amateurs (Baxter, Safai, Chamanara, Nassiri) is because the pros aren't going to want to play a NL Hold'em cash game with one another. What sort of pro is going to risk $100-$500k against 7 of the best players in the world? It's fairly obvious (especially if you watch season 1) that the pros make a concerted effort to beat the fish and avoid big hands with one another.

Also, Brandon Adams should not be grouped in with Safai and Baxter. I'm guessing you mean Brian Brandon? While Brandon Adams hasn't had much TV time in his poker "career" I can assure you he plays in some of the biggest cash games in the world on a daily basis, has the respect of alot of the pros at the table and is a tremendous player.