View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: No Homosexuality in Iran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obviously i don't agree with all of it, but certainly many americans, myself included, believe that the Bush administration (or American politicians generally over the last 60 years) is purposefully creating an environment of fear.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the "war on terror" is mostly a huge, though politically useful, distraction from issues that have an infinitely greater impact on the day to day life of the average American.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you think about our administration, you are quoting a true asshat. Half of your quote is just him trying to justify an Iranian nuke. Something that would be a lot less troubling if someone like him weren't in charge there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is an asshat, but who gives a [censored], asshats can be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That asshat's country signed a non proliferation treaty that stated they would not produce nuclear weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asshat - despite what President Bush says to the contrary - says, inissts, he is not attempting to produce nuclear weapons. Questionable (I don't believe anyone knows 100% either way except people actually involved in Iran's nuclear programme), but of note that Iran isn't being asked not to produce nuclear weapons; it's being asked (threatened) not to engage in nuclear enrichment, which isn't forbidden by any treaty it's signed or international law that I'm aware of.

I'm also amused by the outrage (not yours, just in general) that "he signed a treaty". Would it be alright for Iran to build a nuke if he hadn't signed a treaty? The issue here isn't broken promises.