View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: strong villains, TP2K, check for pot control here?

[ QUOTE ]
by the way I wouldn't fold the the flop against a raise, he might just be finding out where he stands; you have TPGK.

[/ QUOTE ]

TPGK is not a hand that makes me feel comfortable if I commit with against this guy!

I start to understand why it is so important to have a rather small pot with TPGK, starting with a smaller preflop raise. That might be the real point here.

As played, I hate not folding to a raise on the flop.
See, say I bet 1,10 as you said you would. Now he raises to, say, 3, and I call (you donīt advertise reraising here, do you?). The pot is 7,55 and I have only 7,25 behind. (If the raise comes from the BB, not the CO, the pot is 7,55 with 6,3 effective stacks behind).
Now what? I agree - his raise might be a way to find out where he stands. I donīt know wether or not I am beat. But how can I find out without getting commited? check-call turn, fold river if bet again? Ouch. Bet again, fold to raise, check-fold river if turn is called? check-fold turn, if he bets turn?

Assuming that more often than not, he is going to raise my flop bet with a strong hand (there were some signs heīs aggressiv), I still like the pot sized flop bet better. Any raise and I am done with the hand against this guy.