Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: No Homosexuality in Iran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obviously i don't agree with all of it, but certainly many americans, myself included, believe that the Bush administration (or American politicians generally over the last 60 years) is purposefully creating an environment of fear.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the "war on terror" is mostly a huge, though politically useful, distraction from issues that have an infinitely greater impact on the day to day life of the average American.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you think about our administration, you are quoting a true asshat. Half of your quote is just him trying to justify an Iranian nuke. Something that would be a lot less troubling if someone like him weren't in charge there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is an asshat, but who gives a [censored], asshats can be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That asshat's country signed a non proliferation treaty that stated they would not produce nuclear weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

and we signed the Geneva conventions. Andyfox (who rules) mentions that he would never say yes or no. Neither would any US politician (especially bush) to a question with similar intent. I think the guy is pretty pathological and evil, but a ton of the things we criticize in him (and Iran) are beyond hypocritical.

this is neither a defense of MA or an attack on the US just an observation of bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the U.S. has abided by the Geneva convention. So anyone can break any treaty anytime they feel like it in your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this is neither a defense of MA or an attack on the US just an observation of bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that anyone can break a treaty whenever they want. Obviously treaties that have no enforcement mechanisms are difficult to enforce and are worth whatever the word of the signing country is worth.

We say that we follow the Geneva conventions like MA says he follows the NPT, obviously we're both completely full of [censored].