View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: strong villains, TP2K, check for pot control here?

CO is 16/10 over just 90 hands. As he only saw 10 Flops, no significant numbers here, but 1st indications are there that he might be aggressiv, plus he can fold.

Button is 13/3 over 500 hands. He cold-calls 8% of all raises. His flop AF is 2, if he sees turn and river he is quite passiv there.

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop the idea of letting them know you are not trying to take a cheap stab is scared poker in a sense, because apparently you are afraid that they are going to trick you with a weaker hand if bet less??? (...) I would bet around 1,10, which could just maybe induce him to stick around with a gutter or a middlepair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was afraid that he would bluff- or semibluff-raise if I made a bet of ~1,00. That would have let me with little information about his hand-strength, but with a decision wether or not to commit. I did not hope he would call with a gutshot or so. I must say I rather expected him to raise or to fold, and folding to his raising a significant flop bet seemed to be the cheapest way out, if behind.

Anyway, I bet the turn for ~3.2, he min-raised, and I folded.

I have figured out how the pot sizes change with a preflop-raise of only 1 BB less. Itīs quite a lot.
Itīs just 1 BB before the flop, but it makes a big deal!