View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

Maybe the traffic isn't so high because people come here and don't come back. Set it up so it's organized to promote the higher traffic. Serious bettors are usually segmented in the way they bet. I am personally an NBA Totals bettor, that is my specialty. I don't know too many bettors who can just bet on any event and/or style of bet intelligently.

I am not saying everything has to be broken down into sub categories of sub categories, but at least by sport. You can sticky 1 thread per NFL game each week. Things will be much smoother. Put a little blurb on the main 2+2 page that the Sports Betting section is new and improved and the traffic will increase and people will be more likely to keep coming back because they can find what they want quickly.

I don't understand why the amount of traffic should determine if the forum needs to be segmented. Shouldn't the nature of the bets do that like it does for poker? If you build it they will come. Imagine going to the NL Holdem forum and having to dodge 10 PLO threads, 4 Limit HE threads, and some pineapple threads. That's basically what's it's like in Sports betting, because it is not segmented there is going to be a high percentage of irrelevant material to navigate around for almost everyone.

The way the board is set up now it doesn't lend itself to encouraging new users to return as much as it could. Don't take it personally that I'm saying this, I don't mean to have a knowitall tone or anything like that. I'm just saying that organization and segmentation is a good thing in regards to sports betting. Why not try it out?