View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Your backgrounds?

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read much philosophy texts, and consider myself a noob, but a keen learner. I thrive on debate and the persuit of knowledge and enlightenment.

I am 29 but have experianced a wide variety of things in life.

At 16 I left home and school and lived in a tent, I tutored math to <16yr olds to pay for my food.
I went back to college at 17, because a super hoy girl I was in love with went, (Still in tent) Studied Maths and Physics at A level. After a year I had the top grades in the College, but I left. (I got the girl.)
Lived with her for 2 yrs (In a house!)
Split, moved to london, slept on the streets with bums. It was a cool learning experiance, and ever since I am extremely wide awake to people trying to pull something on me. All the time working.
6 months later Moved to Germany, then Holland. Got fat.
Got a job on a builing site when I moved back to England to lose weight. It worked.
Became a builder.
Met my wife, had a girl.
Started my own construction company. Had a turnover of >$200,000 in second year.
Had a boy.
Went bust.
Am now working as an employee, 70 hrs a week paying off debt. I have been doing that for 2 years, I have 2 left to go. Then I will be starting my own construction company.
I have learned many lessons, some from businessmen, some from bums, and they are all good and bad in equal measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]