View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: wine refrigerator thread

[ QUOTE ]

even though white wine and red wine need to be served at different temperatures, can i store them at the same temperature? because some of these have multiple temperature zones and some just have one setting.

[/ QUOTE ] this really depends how anal you are and what quality of wine you forsee yourself buying. the accepted temp is 55 degrees for all wines.
[ QUOTE ]

if it says it will hold 50 bottles, how many will it really hold?

[/ QUOTE ]
not 50, but it'll be close. also, you'll probably want to look at fridges that can accomdate magnums without scratching the labels off.
[ QUOTE ]

i've seen some that are really expensive. this one looks really nice but supposedly is >$3k. is this the type of product where it's really worth it to pay up?

[/ QUOTE ] my boss has the 150 bottle version of this. this is where i keep my high-end bottles.

all in all, for starters, glad to see you want to take care of your bottles and for your everyday use, i'd go with the wine enthusiast. looks good, it's got solid reviews and priced well. if you become a wine snob or start collecting, look at the top level stuff. i'd be pissed if i waited 5 years to drink a wine and it turned out corked or cooked.