View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Calling with crap because the price is right.

[ QUOTE ]
What are the right questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is a hand?
I wrote this a long time ago. There is so much missing from your post, that it's difficult to help you. Just the fact that it's a 6man SNG makes it difficult for us to help. Your decisions are different in tournament poker due to payout structures than cash games where hands are in isolation.

Take my comments in stride, they are meant to be constructive. If you are going to be making posts on 6man SNGs, go post them in the STT forum. The advice you will get from there, over this forum, will be better ...significantly better. STTs are a very unique game, and I doubt many STTers really post in this forum.

[ QUOTE ]
These are 6 people - the top two get paid.

I always factor into my decision the possible elimination of the all in. But I guess here we just gave him new life and a chance to win.

I posted here because I'm a beginner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: If this is a 6man with top 2 payout, then this is a very very easy fold. The bubble begins when it's down to 3, not 4.

Just because you're a beginner, does not mean you should not post in the STT forum. You should. STTs are a great place for beginning poker, and I suspect most new posters there are relatively new to poker.

Final comment. The variance in 6man SNGs is probably larger than the 9 or 10 man SNGs, and I would recommend mastering the 9 or 10 man SNGs first. I have very limited experience in 6man SNGs (maybe 30) and I have done no math on what is optimal play in those tourneys. Again, go post in the STT forum, I think you will be very happy. In fact, just link this post in there.

Good luck.