View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Default WPT Turks & Caicos

The WPT event in Turks & Caicos was scheduled to start today, with two starting days. But a decision was made last night to start the entire field tomorrow (Wednesday). So coverage at WorldPokerTour.com and CardPlayer.com will begin then, starting at 12:00 noon EDT.

[It's rare for us tournament reporters to have any time off on the road, so an unexpected free day like this is precious -- and the Turks & Caicos are a great place to have a day off.]

Quite a few pros have already arrived, including Joe Sebok, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Jonathan "FieryJustice" Little, Amnon Filippi, Sean McCabe, Mark Seif, James "KrazyKanuck" Worth, Phil Laak, and Jennifer Tilly. More are expected to arrive tonight, so this should be a pretty pro-heavy field.

The over-under on the number of entrants was unofficially set by two different people at 167 and 168, and I think that's a good line. There is no official word on the expected number of entrants.

I hope everyone who's interested is able to follow the coverage, and with an expected pro-heavy field, we should have a pretty great final table lineup for Sunday morning. (The WPT Final Table will start much earlier than normal, before noon, to take advantage of the sunny tropical background.)

For those who don't know, I'm the lead online reporter for the World Poker Tour. You can follow all the updates, chip counts, video interviews, etc. at WorldPokerTour.com.