View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

[ QUOTE ]
My perspective as a viewer/fan is that "running it twice" and similar things have ruined the action...there are so few large, scooped pots because, whenever any real money goes into the pot, a tedious negotiation ensues and the result is usually the anticlimactic running it twice/chopped pot. Also, I think the players demonstrate a consistent overall pussy-ish-ness in most of these situations, and I feel people should be willing to gamble for the amount of money they decided to put in the pot and not look for every possible way to hedge their action after the money goes in

[/ QUOTE ]

if you consider these guys playing the game for your amusement then yes .. you're right.. .you're being cheated from your carnal pleasure of seeing one player felted by another. if you consider the fact that you are watching professionals, putting their bankroll at risk, then you should be able to understand the reasoning for such activities. hellmuth taking insurance should make sense. he got his money in with the best hand. now he takes insurance to minimize his losses if the huge suckout happens. if you're playing the game for a living rather than for the rush you should be able to see the sensible reasoning behind these moves.

of course if your playing .1/.2 on pokerstars there is really no need to insure your 27.75 all in bet is there?

HSP came to be to allow folks to see what a big game is like. it was not brought to television so that viewers can get a rush from watching players get busted. yet, in the four seasons so far we have seen many a player get felted haven't we. nothing to complain about in my opinion.