View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Default 10NL strong villains, TP2K, check for pot control here?

All right, this was NL10, but I daresay it was not a typical NL10 game going on there. The table average pot was 5BB, flop seen rate was ~20%. I was well aware that that is not the most juicy of games, but I stayed as I wanted to practise.

I have
<u>Reads</u>
I am under the impression that both villains know what they are doing. Especially, I do expect them to have a quality cold calling hand when they cold-call. As they donīt reraise, I guess they are set-mining here most of the time. The player in the big blind has recently made a big straightforward reraise when he had AA and there was a raise and a call before him. I also guess these guys wonīt get stacked with something like top pair, weak kicker or so.

I am not sure about the turn play.
All comments are very welcome.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.05
BB: $23.10
UTG: $2.10
UTG+1: $19.60
MP1: $10.10
Hero (MP2): $10.75
CO: $11.10
BTN: $9.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.55) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.60</font>, CO calls $1.60, BB folds

Turn: ($4.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="purple">Hero ???</font>,

<font color="blue"> Now, if I bet again and the villain doesnīt fold, I guess he has something better than I have.

His flop call, however, might have been made with any cards he would call preflop, simply as I c-bet quite a lot.
So, if I check now, I leave myself wide open to bluffs, having no idea where I stand if he bets.

So I think my options are
bet-fold to a raise;
bet-see him call and start to think very hard (result unknown)
check-see him check - and then maybe bet river?
check-see him bet and maybe call, depending on bet size (I want to get away from the river if he gets very agressive then. By the way - block bet river?)

River play would be the next question in any case we both see the river.

Put in one word, I donīt want to commit myself against this specific villain. But I donīt want to give him an opportunity to bluff me out with hands that are behind.

So what do I do?</font>

Thank you very much.