Thread: AC question
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My wife is murdered in an AC society. Please explain the process of what will happen after the murder takes place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You call your insurance company, they track down the murderer, and make him pay.

[/ QUOTE ]
And what happens when he calls his insurance company for murderers who will protect him from my insurance company?

[/ QUOTE ]

"We're dropping your policy."

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of violent people in the world, would there not be a demand from these psychos for some kind of organization to protect their interests? Some kind of insurance company that protects them physically and financially against their victims. As the organisation itself has no victims, only its members, then there can be no legal challange to its creation under AC, right?

Slightly more to the point, A lot of people don't have insurance, even if they do spousal murder may not be included in the policy (it's got to be pretty low down on anyones list of things to look for). Or there could be a technicality like an unsigned form or a missed payment making the policy void. No insurance = no investigation.

If I knew TheLebowski was uninsured and he did not have the means to hire private detectives. I would be free to commit any crime i wished against him or his wife without fear of a meaningful investigation. Or did I miss something?

P.S. Please note that none of the above is a concern under a state.