View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Tricky 99 hand against LAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In a vacuum, I do not like betting the river here - it really does suck to have to play 99 like this though. But I would make a note on the line taken here to help me on future spots like this. In hindsight I think it was a bluff-raise on the flop - you are folding a hand like king high without a club here every time. Maybe you can 3-bet the flop.

EDIT: Final sentence!

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting flop sucks. You'll get capped often and if you bet turn UI you get c/r often so you must take a freecard, and that way you loose value when he bets air on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The opponent might fold to the reraise on the flop (or has this never ever happened to you in this type of situation?) and if you get check-raised on the turn you can fold. If you get capped on the flop, then a read helps. If we look at the line chosen in hindsight - the villain saw the river for free by simply check-raising us on a scary board. If the opponent had something that has no connection with the flop but can still beat us (smaller pair, overcards to our pair but no club), the check-raise worked brilliantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you 3-bet the flop and end up folding to a turn c/r or fold the turn when he caps the flop you suck at poker and its not up for debate.

DONT BLOAT THE POT ON DRAWY BOARDS WITH MARGINAL HOLDINGS AND THEN FOLD vs A TRICKY LAG.

Its not up for dicussion. Dont do it if you like money.

EDIT: hero has a flush draw. If he 3-bets flop and folds to a turn c/r he is an idiot.