View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

I think a lot of interesting thoughts have been covered in this topic and here is my 2 cents. I think in the short term I would pick 5 to 10 different online players who would probably be plus EV vs most Pros or live players who specialize in Omaha 8 and would be the favorites in online cash games. If they were all playing live, or live tournaments I would say the edge would go to the few known solid Omaha 8 pros. I think for PLO8 I would again go with the online top 5 to 10 vs any pro lineup just for the shear fact that this game is primarily played online and these guys have lifetimes worth of hands played and some play it 7 days a week exclusively and have gotten quite good at it. I have played both live and online with matasow, juanda, flack, huck, harman, lindgren, patterson, both mizrachis, hachem, raymer, etc. and I would rather face any of those than my toughest online opponents. I think my results online vs the above list is actually really good. I think if the top pros played this game more and wanted to be really good at it they would catch up rather quickly and could easily be better in the long run. Also, who is to say that farha or ivey or antonius are better even now? This game may play lower online the stakes they are willing to play, so we may never know. As for sirscoopalot (john G) he is a better tourney player this cash game and may have had a good teacher too!