View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Can someone offer a critique on this hand I played plz?

Several things.

Firstly the fact he went busto with this hand is a good reason not to play it in the first place. You dont have the odds to hit a really good hand like two pair, trips etc. But you also have negative implied odds if you do hit a marginal hand which you should keep playing, like he did here.

limping in lates position with these blinds with j9suited is bad, in fact I think i even fold this in the SB with only two limpers in front. I probably complete with J10 suited, but thats probably the worst hand to do it with.

With these blinds, you really dont want to be limping with anything, its just spewy. If you play a hand you really want to be going after the pot, and really trying to win any pot you are in. limping and then folding if you miss is just giving your ships away.

And for the guy talking about limping in late position even though it wasnt the "correct" play, just to try and go deep. This is bad. If the only way you can go deep is play speculative marginal hands and hit, you are doing something wrong. If you want to gamble, push over a couple of limpers, least you have some FE then.