View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: What\'s the most heroic thing you\'ve ever done?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another one that was probably less heroic in that there was less danger, but injury was certain.

I was holding my kid who was probably less than 1 year old at the time. Another kid who was about 2 or 3 walked in front of me. If you have kids and are around them a lot you might recognize this spot. You can't see right in front of your feet because your kid is blocking the way.

I don't notice the kid in front of me until I start to bump into him. At this point I have 3 choices flashing before my mind quickly. I can kick the 2 year old out of the way. I can drop my kid on the concrete. Or, I can fall myself while holding my kid and not doing anything to break my fall. So, I just fell on my elbow so hard on the bare smooth concrete that it bled through my sweatshirt. I didn't go to the doctor, but it hurt for long enough that it might have had a small fracture.

It was not just an instictive reaction. It was like slow motion and I knew exactly what was happening.

[/ QUOTE ]
As I read this post I felt so sick. WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO?

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are a hero, micro. I would've punted the [censored] out of that 2 year old, chucked the baby and ran for the hills where there are no children.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 year olds are like puppies. They don't know to stay away from the rocking chair until they get their tail caught under it. You should have walked over the little guy. It would have made him more aware of his surroundings in the future. Made him more likely to avoid other people by developing his peripheral vision and agility. Probably could have been the next Barry Sanders. But not now. Because of you.