View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: \"Service\" franchises

[ QUOTE ]
wish I could help billy but I know nothing of franchises. I really dont think its the answer to your boredom with poker though. I mean, invest the money, be it a business, real estate, individual stocks or index funds but the last 3 are what I suggest unless you are really ready to work at a low hourly job, hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand, I'm definitely in a "feeling out" process of what I would like to pursue further than poker.

Thanks for the advice. As for real estate, I am interested in it, though the uncertainty of online poker keeps me from investing in it right now.

For now I'm going to put the 50k into something liquid. I haven't really researched it (I'm owed alot of money by a friend.. I know I know, but he's a 2p2 mega baller so it's not a worry) but I'll find a good place for it.

For some reason I find something intriguing about owning a franchise. Perhaps I just need to face the harsh reality about how much I have to invest isn't going to make me any money unless I go with some risky, new idea. I just really want to break into small business somehow. More research on the way.