Thread: Move up???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Move up???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this since my screenname on Ongame has no xerxes in it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No but if I´m right your screename is starting with a D.
Mine is starting with Fe.
It is nothing wrong with your game.You should bet/fold a little less though.You´re a bit too aggressive sometimes.
But we all have some leaks.I have tons of them but I am still able to beat the games easilyy and that despite having huge downswings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I see I think we talekd about this awhile back but I wasn't sure about your 2+2 screen name. Yeah I see what you are talking about my agression factor is high I probably raise too much especially on the flop. How come you haven't moved up yet??? If I rememebr correctly you were beating 3/6 for around 2/100 last time we talked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´ve been playing some 5/10 since the beginning of 2007.But I usually play more 3/6 tables.Since I´m 3 or 4-tabling I almost never play more than one or two 5/10 tables at a time. I also devote half of my time for playing NL 0.5/1 and 1/2 which is much more profitable and without the downswings.

The downswings have been the major reason for not playing higher. I have a personal goal of making 150 000 dollars before 2010 (including rakeback)and I would hate having a 500 BB downswing at higher stakes (without being sure that I can beat that level) since it would make me have to fight longer for my goal.Once I have earned those 150 000 dollars I will apply normal bankroll management and play whatever level I have 600BB for.I really long for that day.But discipline is my middle name.
But for anyone who does not have any special goals I would recommend moving up as quickly as possible because of the rake.But one must not forget that one can earn more than enough money by multitabling 3/6.

The 2BB/100 you´re talking about turned out to not be my true winrate sadly enough.If I recall right that was after my first 100K 3/6.Now my winrate has stabilized around 1.5 BB/100 after 250K.
At 5/10 I don´t have more than 30K hands and it is around 0.7 BB/100. But for what I can see the player standard is only marginally better at 5/10. I think my lower winrate at 5/10 is due to variance and the fact that I´m playing a little bit scared.
But despite my winrate I have had huge downswings. I had one of +600 BB in the beginning of this year and a couple of 300:s also.It doesn´t matter because you always bounce back and the upswings are even more wild.You can´t let the downswings get to you.If you´re 1BB/100 during 80K just keep reminding you that it is almost statistically proved that you´re a winner and that is all you have to know.

I see that you have played a few 5/10 hands too (I had 15 of them in my database).I hope you don´t mind that I show a hand.Because I think it shows that your aggression costed you some bets.
Most 2+2:ers probably thinks that I played it poorly also but my reputation is down at the bottom anyway after my "play passively preflop OOP posts".So I don´t mind.

But doing a couple of these highly aggressive plays must add a lot of variance to your game and can be a reason to why you´re suffering some times.

Results in white

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter
Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.
Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.
Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.
River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.
Results:
Final pot: 10.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows KC 6C </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows AH JD </font>