View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: X Post: My thoughts on the coming dollar collapse

This isn't a flame, and it is a bit off topic. I don't spend a lot of time on your posts or those of any other ACists on the topic of the collapsing dollar. You all engage in communities that believe strongly in the notion that fiat money must fail eventually. This leads those communities to traffic in theories and data points that point to the impending collapse of the dollar. There is probably very little that could occur that would deter those communities from pumping out that kind of information.

Because of all this, even if I conceded that the fiat dollar must fail, too much exposure to that community would actively harm my ability to make investment decisions. It is all people trying to time a collapse whose occurrence they have already taken for granted. Therefore it is all data that I cannot reasonably act on in my investment framework (I should never make a decision based on trying to time a macro call. I am not qualified and have no intention or notion that I will ever be qualified).