View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Los Angeles: Things To Do And Places To Go

Even after two years in LA, I have relatively little to offer (which is why I'm glad this thread was started).

Food spots on the that I fully endorse: Amelia's sandwhich shop on Main Street in SM makes some of the best sandwiches I've ever had.

Primitivo Wine Bar on Abbot Kinney is awesome, high-end "tapas." Next door, Joe's is a more formal, solid American restaurant with good food and service. We've been mostly undewhelmed by places like Melisse and Giraffe.

Both Mozza osteria and pizzeria, on Melrose and Highland, are great. Had some good late-night grub at the diner on the Standard on Sunset after day one of the Bike tournament.

The Landmark in Westwood (?) is a decent movie theater, and sadly I have not been to the Arclight yet.

I haven't explored too much of the area, but I do enjoy riding my bike on the path down by the beach up to the Pacific Palisades, and I drive up to the State Beach at El Matador once in a while.

Definitely feels like I'm still missing out on a lot of things in Los Angeles, it doesn't really seem to come together as a unified city experience, but I like living here (and maybe for that reason).