View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Men: Would you have issues dating someone 10 years older?

[ QUOTE ]
This is different for women, so I specifically geared this toward men. I'm 26, and I've recently met someone who's 35. We get along so well, and she's so youthful (I thought she was 27), that the age gap is not an issue at all. Of course I think about things that might take their toll down the road - like priorities when it comes to children, and just the concept of her turning 40 when I'm only 31 (seems more notable than 35 and 26 for some reason). But outside of these logistic considerations, I don't even notice nor give a [censored] about the age difference. I wonder if other guys my age have been in this situation, or would have a problem being in this situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

If all you're talking about is sleeping with her, I think you should slam dance. But, if you're looking for more, I think you should stay closer to your age. Further, for all of the psycho-social reasons, the female should be younger than the male.

If you do go long term, the physical issues will not be a problem until she is much older (late 40s and into her 50's). Maybe, at 38, you will be a saint and not think about the fact that you could be banging a 28 year old. Regardless, she will be a lot older than you at 50:40 than 40:30.

Even under the best of circumstances, right at the exact time you are wondering wtf happened to your youth,
she will be showing her age hardcore. This will not be good for either of you and will be particularly unfair to her.

Regardless of the physical issues, you will still definitely have to deal with the life place issues. These, depending on your perspective, can be worse than the physical. As she ages out of step with you, the differences in what's important to each of you will change and grow further apart.