Thread: Move up???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Move up???

[ QUOTE ]
This is really frustrating because most of the players I played against on different sites say I'm solid and should move up but the results aren't there. I have had a 600BB downswing recently and am down to 1/2 to avoid tilt and gain back confidence. I sure have leaks in my game and I'm working on them but I seem to go on big swings very often even though I don't play that LAG (28/20).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you didn't have leaks back then, most of us do. All I'm saying is that if you beat a level for 1BB/100 for as many hands as you have and you have a 1500 BB bankroll for the next level there's no question about it, you should move up. As Oink said your goal here should be to get out of the rake hell at small stakes as quickly as possible. When you first move up be sure to exercise very good table/seat selection, you'll be put in way way fewer tough spots this way and will help your confidence as well as your winrate. Also have someone go over your hands to see if they can find obvious leaks, either a coach or someone in the hand swaps.