View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Heisenb3rgs Blind Defense Quiz

Nice post. I'll take a shot.

1. Hmmm.. first question and I've already changed my mind 3 times. I wanted to say C, then B, but now I've settled on A. C you could probably show a profit raising given your hand value and position, but he'll put you in some tough spots and your hand has little to no showdown value. You'll most likely end up making desperate river bluffs on missed draws in hopes he'll fold his K high, but he won't.

B I think you could be all right. Really depends on his SB stealing standards. Lots of these types aren't too creative from the SB.

I settled on A because he's got reasonable enough stats and probably knows the value of stealing. So his range is fairly wide. 3betting accomplishes two things. Your hand is likely a winner versus his range given your position, and it puts him on the defensive. Protecting your future blinds is a good thing.

Note, I'm pretty sure I'm a bigger fan of calling and popping most flops instead of 3betting.

2. B, C, A, D, respectively. B can get to the river with lots of hands that include bad draws and weak overs. He probably only calls with pairs and A-high.

Against C, you'd be making a "value bluff". There's a decent chance he's on a weak draw given his weak turn action. Depending on my exact read I'd be checking a lot, though. Lots of these guys love c/r'ing this kind of card, forcing you to fold or 3bet. Most the hands you'd lose to he calls with anyway, and I bet he calls a fair amount of chopping hands. So just live with the chop.

Sorry, don't currently have time to go through all the ranges. You're spewing big time if you fire again versus D or A, though.

3. You're ahead of C the most and maybe D getting tricky. Raising is a disaster, I think. C is probably you're only profitable call.

4. Never fold. Raise everybody except B, I think. Fold if A or D 3bets (D might be a call depending on the read/past battles). Call or maybe even cap if C 3bets.