View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Heisenb3rgs Blind Defense Quiz

with a very skilled lagtag on my right I would usually switch tables. he is going to be shutting me out of the pot a lot preflop

I would be most likely to reraise the LAGTAG. he is likely opening a very wide range and it will be easier to play vs him with the initiative.

I think a lot of people are going to say reraise the nit here, but his range is tight and it is going to be pretty easy to play vs him postflop

I'll do the ranges first,
nit: 9Q TQ maybe KQ, 55-TT, TK AK AT, FD with hands like AXss KXss
passive: Ax, any pair, any flush or straight draw
lagtard: Ax Kx, 22-TT, sometimes Qx Jx, any flush or straight draw (discounted because I expect him to go nuts with them sometimes)
lagtag: Ax, 22-TT, AK AT, KT 9T and flush draws (discounted).

I'd bet vs everyone because there are so many busted draws that beat us. in terms of how easy the bet is,
nit > LAGTAG > passive > maniac

edit: now that I think about it, I don't think we should bet vs the maniac. I don't think he's ever folding a better hand

3. the passive guy definitely has us beat the most, followed by the nit.

I think we beat the LAGTAG the most and should raise him. he isn't representing a strong hand and is smart enough to know that we have a lot of busted draws. I can see him betting with a counterfeited hand

tempting to raise the maniac too but I think he's much more likely to be b/c something like Kx or Ax

raise the LAGTAG and the maniac. call vs the passive guy. I wouldn't fold vs anyone, but it would be closest to a fold vs the nit