View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Goofyballer needs a new ride - BBV approve plz

As I am now a member of the corporate workforce, it's about time to upgrade to a car that speaks as much; my 1993 Honda Accord

doesn't quite do the trick anymore. I was planning on doing this car search about 6 months to a year from now, but about a month ago I hit a pole [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and my front bumper is now attached to the car solely with the help of some fairly unsightly industrial wire.

So, yesterday I went around to some local dealerships to check out some models. My requirements aren't that tight; I want either a sedan or coupe and don't want to spend more than, say, $21-$22k (I'm actually probably going to lease for 3 yrs and then upgrade to something like BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus/whatever, but lease cost is proportional to car cost so that's still a good guideline to use). I checked out the following:

Toyota: 2 models that satisfy those conditions: Camry and Corolla. The Camry is a [censored] ginormous car so f that; my Accord is fairly small and I like that about it. I test drove an '07 Corolla and it was boring as [censored], both appearance-wise and handling-wise. [censored] that.

Nissan: Apparently these things are selling like hotcakes, so they didn't really have anything for me to test drive, which is too bad because the Altima Coupe looks quite attractive:

It's fairly expensive though; would prob cost about $24k.

Honda: The Accord has apparently grown in size over the years cause the current ones remind me of the Camry I had just seen. So, I looked at Civics and test drove one; it's a solid safe choice I guess, but there's nothing too exciting about it.

Scion: Test-drove an '07 tC, although if I got one it would be an '08.

Fun car to drive, comes with iPod integration which is cool cause I'm always listening to music in the car, I like the look, only $18k. This is def my #1 choice right now.

I do kinda wish I could hold this off for another 6-12 months because I'd have a better idea of how my poker game and the poker landscape as a whole are gonna evolve; I could make anywhere from like $40k to $200k playing poker in the next year depending on a number of factors (or even $0 if the government shuts all our asses down tomorrow; sure, unlikely, but possible), and obviously that would have a fairly large impact on whether or not I could upgrade to a luxury car. But, I can live with doing the short lease right now and accumulating mad scrilla to get something sweet a few yrs down the road.

So, BBV, other suggestions for cars I should check out? What do you guys think of the Scion?

Requisite poker content: I had a good weekend lol

Plus $700 in like 600ish hands last night that aren't in this graph.