View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Decent Online News Article

Most of the poker players (my estimate is approx. 95% of all online players) out there have not the time to read or cannot understand the various aspects in these threads about this subject. For most of the remainig ones it is much to academic to unterstand correlation coefficients, testing null hypothesis with significance tests, whether they are based on normal distribution, t-distributon or priori distribution, does not matter. Experts however know also the various examples where correlated and at the same time uncorrelated random figures exist and what the co-variance is such examples really mean. Since nobody knows what the purpose of such academic discussion really is, I think, we should go back to a more fact orientated discussion.

The facts according of my view are as easy as follows:

We have overwhelming evidence that cheating happend at Absolute Poker.

A lot of other assumptions are still speculation, mainly:

- did the cheater use some kind of super-admin account or another technic?
- are the five player-accounts used by the same person?
- is Mark Seif or another well-known person involved in this affair?
- why has been this case not detected by Absolute?
- is also Absolute management or only IT-personal involved?
- are the players in question Absolute shills?

Only Absolute or an external auditor can check the software and clear up all facts of this case. As long as Absolute does not contribute and support the clearing up I have the following question. Assume that cheating happened to the extent we already know, how high is according to your life experience (not priori distribution) the likelyhood that Absolute is cheating or allows and protects cheating? Consider this as a case where stats experts cannot reject a certain null hypothesis with a security likelyhood of 99%, where they want to make another test, but where the burden of proof has already Absolute and nobody else.

And as long as Absolute is not willing to proof what really happened, we should stay together within a global cooperation.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Make a website, and target it to clearly and logically lay out the proof against absolute poker.
Try and target it so that it is visible to people interested in Absolute Poker, but is clear that other sites are not under suspicion.

[/ QUOTE ]
5. To inform more poker players arround the world about Josem`s webside.

I think about links in various forums and an identical flyer which can be distributed during live tournaments or other poker related events. One example is the Full Tilt Poker One Million Challenge in Germany. There are still four major events (in Hamburg, Stuttgart, Berlin and Munich) with more than 1000 poker players during each event as an example. I noted yesterday in Cologne that more or less nobody was informed about the Absolute cheating case. I think the same applies to other countries or events. We should make any effort to change this. I would suggest that Josem should post a uniform printable text which can be used as a flyer and as a post, which he wants to be distributed as far as possible in all countries arround the whole world.