Thread: Recycling
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Recycling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God knows we should get all our facts from a tv show called Bull [censored]..

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously its not an authority on the usbject, but if you have other facts I'd be interested in hearing them. I just dont see us running out of landfill space anytime soon and if it is a problem, reducing our waste will only postpone the problem. We need solutions that allow us to reuse landfills once they are done being used, which is what I believe currently happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing about that episode was the landfill part. Landfill space is definitely not an issue in the United States despite what people might say. Some expert in the episode said that you could set aside a 24 mile piece of land in the continental United States and that it would be enough to hold all of our trash for the next 1,000 years. Since the 24 miles doesn't have to be all in one clump, this is the easiest thing ever.

Also - if you already have public recycling programs in your area, are you actually helping the environment by putting your recyclables in the trash instead, or since the truck is already driving past you might as well recycle?