View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: borgata shufflers not accurately counting cards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kudos to dealer who was so fast shuffling the "bad" deck I didn't realize he was doing it for several hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting rarer at Foxwoods since they've had shufflers for a while now. I've noticed lately that some dealers just sit there staring at the shuffler waiting for it to finish after a quick blind steal. Dealers that do this really slow down shorthanded games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention this. I was playing a wonderful short 4/8 game this weekend. (And for once, the players weren’t screaming to be moved to full tables.)

Unfortunately, this one particular dealer was constantly staring at the shufflemaster after the conclusion of a hand, waiting for it to finish shuffling the other deck. I eventually got frustrated and asked, “why don’t you just shuffle this one by hand?”

He looked at me with a blank expression for a moment, glanced at the machine, then looked back at me and said, “I’m waiting for the machine. It’s faster.”

And to think that I’d resolved to only say nice things about the poor souls who are trapped in the purgatory that is the life of a dealer in the Foxwoods poker room…