View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: $10 HUSNG - KJo river decision

I swear you guys play different opponents than I do at the low stakes. I see people bet bare aces in this spot, or even pockets higher than the bottom board pair, presumably for value.

I need to dig out some hands, to prove that we are clearly playing, on average, a completely different class of opponent for $10.

***EDIT***
Maybe it's a site difference? hra, where do you play? I'm pretty sure dboy plays stars, and I've heard full tilt is way fishier than stars at every level.

***EDIT 2***
Hell, I sometimes bet a pocket higher than the bottom board pair here, expecting many aces and kings to call.

We can't possibly be playing against the same crowd, because from what I've seen, this assumption:

[ QUOTE ]
but assuming that the average 11$ villain wont vbet any worse Js here you can safely fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't be applied to the average $10 villan at all. In fact, I'd guess you can only apply assumptions like that to 10 or 20% of the players at the lower levels, at least on FT.

*EDIT 3*

I do agree that betting is better than checking, though. But when I'm betting there, it's only partially to block. Like I said, I fully expect to get called by a fair number of ace and king highs here, and even the odd queen.