View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Why would online poker sites not rig their games?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to rig a poker site and not get caught. Anyone with a first year stats course can look at hand histories and tell you if something is abnormal.

[/ QUOTE ]

just FYI, there is a poster on 2p2 with 17k posts and at least a first year stats course who says he has done a statistical analysis of a huge number of hands and concluded that several sites including stars are almost certainly rigged.

favorite hand wins 95% as often as expected
(also search/see dozens of other posts by same poster...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Had no idea Myturn had joined the ranks of the conspiracy theorists.

Since it seems he found the same percentage-discrepency at all the major sites he did his study on I would say there is a signficant chance there is a flaw in his analysis.

I like myturn and don't think he's a stupid guy. But that each site would rig the cards in the exact same way to yield the exact same bias against the favored-hand pre-flop seems somewhat less likely to me than the possibility that some outside poster looking at the data didn't make an error in the calculations or miss an aspect that needed to be considered.

I even have some ideas on some aspects which he may have overlooked when he did his calculations but it's kind of lengthy for this thread and it's impossible to say for sure without knowing more about his study.

Lets just say that one person's mathematical analysis of a situation doesn't make it gospel. Even if they have 17k posts which really doesn't mean anything except that they like to waste a lot of time surfing on 2+2.

I have 27k+ posts and I say this stuff almost certainly ain't rigged.
If myturn's 17k post-count somehow makes his analysis valid than my post-count should perhaps make my analysis even more valider, shouldn't it?