View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: It\'s time for the R Word...

[ QUOTE ]
What about a prvate club with monthly membership fees? Seems like guys have been getting around the laws for years by having this type of setup. This results in no rake, but you still get your expenses covered. And hey, if the guys in your club want to play cards, that's their business.... You are just charging them club dues. Your lawyer buddy might be able to help you here.

Maybe you could call yourselves the "Rabbit Hunting Club of America".

[/ QUOTE ]

Just this weekend I stumbled across something that seems like this in Portland, OR.

http://www.portlandrounders.com/

They claim to be "a membership based semi-private club that is open to the public." Their schedule says they have games every night of the week. I have not checked them out yet, but plan to do so sometime soon. Interesting part of town though. Not the shadiest, but there are many other places I'd like to stumble around after dark with a pocket full of dough (cause of course I'd be a winner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

And as a side note ... any other folks in the Portland area? I've heard rumors of some card clubs in the area, anybody know of any? Driving two hours to the coast for Live NL isn't the most feasible thing to do any given night.