Thread: AC question
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have a limited understanding of AC, but i have seen it mentioned that stuff will sort itself out. in the third world country where i live, it is widely known the police work as follows:

if you commit a crime, you can pay a fine to not go to jail.

if someone commits a crime against you, tipping the police will help them resolve the issue faster (if at all).

so essentially, law enforcement is a business and you can see that poor people without financial means will get screwed over.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is police enforcement under a state. What does this have to do with police services in the absence of a state?

Also,

For one example of stateless law and order, you can read up on the Xeer (although he talks more about law and courts than police).

For an outline of the production of security in a modern technological society based on a high degree of specialization, the division of labor and exchange, you can read Hoppe's Private Production of Defense, from Essays in Political Economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you, Nielsio in disguise? That article on Xeer was thorougly destroyed as a current example of a stateless society.