View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: How Lesbian Jewish Yankee Women Brought Us the Welfare State

[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

Seeing as Murray N. Rothbard, like his hero and mentor Ludwig von Mises, was *gasp* Jewish, somehow I doubt that he was *quite* the antisemite you insinuate him to be. And given that, he *probably* wasn't the misogynistic, homophobic antiyank (?) you insinuate him to be, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro,

For someone who usually has a logically/mathematically correct argument from a given set of premises, that is pretty weak. All you have there is a set of probabilities which result in a compound probability that is less than all its individual members. Plus you have the implicit unproven premise that someone who is bigoted against one of those groups is highly likely to be bigoted against all. While I don't think that is necessarily unreasonable in many cases, I doubt you could assign a reasonable probability for same. Plus one should note the difference between religiously Jewish (observant), and being ethnically Jewish. And admit for the possibility of self-loathers.

Also I note that you don't discuss that essay at all. But let me ask you something. To what do you attribute Rothbard's apparent fixation with lesbians? Was it really necessary to even note the sexual practices of various persons in what purports to be an economic history?