View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Neteller alleges I owe them $3k+ WTF?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've worked many years at a law firm that did debt collection and $3k is definitely not too small to send to collection. However, I don't think they could ever take you to court because any business that they did with you would have been illegal, right? This would be like suing a guy because he breached a drug-dealing agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is probably difficult to prove that transferring money to neteller was illegal.

if you are going to go to court and base your defense on a claim that you behaved illegally, you are likely to prosecuted for whatever you claim to have done illegally.

also, OP would have been better if it had included more prominent mention that HE WAS HACKED MONTHS AGO AND NETELLER ADMITTED A CHUNK OF MONEY WAS STOLEN. This is a likely cause of a negative balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I do believe I made a solid enough mention of the hacking issue, although granted I could have probably mentioned it in a bit more detail and with more emphasis added. I will probably do this on the reply to Neteller's followup should the issue not be resolved by then.

Secondly, I am Australia, and my Neteller account has me listed as being Australian. Therefore, none of my activites with Neteller could be illegal ( to my knowledge anyways, I think this is only US customers, yes?). So I dont think I have any leg to stand on here.

But Im gonna be clear: I will NOT be paying this money. No chance in hell. And I will definitely be making a big deal about it if the issue gets to that stage, as this is total bs by them!