Thread: WCOOP HORSE
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: WCOOP HORSE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Busted out 50 short of the money with this hand, it sucks but i cant fold right?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a nice hand with live cards - but you could have folded, or you could have tried to manage the pot to keep it smaller on 3rd. Maybe that wouldn't work, but the question is: did you want to make the money? You got two opponents in here. Let them knock each other out.

I read something once by Joe Seebok, I think it was, about going out near the money in a tournament under the philosophy: "I came to win." I believe his father gave him the advice that first you get in the money, then you "win."

This isn't everone's philosophy, but it made sense to me.
You can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its true i satellited in, but making the money was not my primary concern so i would never fold the likely best hand on 3rd. In addition Mausilein was playing a bit loose in the Holdem and O8 levels so i didnt necessarily put him on 3 to a wheel.
I think folding a live wheel draw on 3rd would have been awful. Flatcalling might have been the way to go considering stack sizes, but i couldn't know 4th would be that hard to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]