View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Could the loss of U.S. fish cause online professionals to go broke

[ QUOTE ]
1. Does anyone think this is possible or likey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I think it is very probable.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Does this mean that the US is by far the highest exporter of fish? So much so, that the online poker economy would change so drastically that a once successful player would go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, US citizens have the most money to burn.

Most good players overestimate the skill factor in this game. They think it's their great talent, and not the presence of truly awful players that is earning them money. The greatest skill in poker is leaving a game with no obvious donators.

Put a group of near-optimal players together you get a crapshoot that only the house wins long-term. Throw in collusion and gambler's ruin, sure, many skilled players will go broke in this climate. Stepping down will bring them to a level where a reasonable income can't be made.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Does the difficulty of making a deposit affect all limits equally or some more than others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think micro-stakes players can deposit with a debit card.

[ QUOTE ]
4....send Senator Frist a personal Thank You

[/ QUOTE ]

We should be out in front of the White House with torches demanding justice for these criminals who are stripping us of our freedoms and killing the innocent in illegal wars...(sorry, you got me started..)