View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s Card Room CHEATS player

I've been playing at Harrah's - New Orleans since the WPT Gulf Coast event ended in Biloxi. I've only missed one day (the day that the jackpot hit sfobv) playing.

Unfortunately, I left around 11:30am Saturday after an all night session so I can't confirm this story, but I hate playing there because even though the poster isn't known, I wasn't there, and it sounds bizarre I completely believe that it could happen in that room.

Don't get me wrong, everyone there is really 'nice.' But following the rules isn't exactly high on the priority list. Even though it's a time rake ($6 per 30 min), the dealer's often refuse to enforce common rules against anyone, locals especially. For example, a guy bet $45 on the river when he made his flush at one of my games, the other guy in the hand says 'Well, I have to see it' and pushes out $25. The bettor smiles and starts to turn over his cards. The dealer says, I need $20 more. The guy says 'oh, I thought it was $25, I don't want to call then' and pulls back his bet. The player said 'but he called already' and several others agree, the dealer said 'he can pull it back unless you really want to waste time calling the floor over it.' Things like that happen ALL the time. Most of the time it's minor (i.e., not enforcing cursing, etc), but it makes me uncomfortable playing there generally. I tip liberally, and have made it obvious that i'm good friends with several of the locals, but it's still a sucky atmosphere.

So, to sum up, I can't confirm the story, but it's completely believable.