View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Ask Noah About First Year of Law School, Getting inTop 10%, Law Re

Noah, I've been wanting to go to law school for a while. I'm in my 3rd year and I've finally gotten serious about it (hopefully I'm not too late)

I did my first 2 years at Ohio State, majoring in Finance. I had a 3.11 with pretty good extra extracurriculars (club baseball, office position in fraternity, teachers research assistant for an entrepreneurship class) but got burnt out partying and living with 11 people

I moved back home and am living with my parents in Cincinnati, going to University of Cincinnati. I am fully focused on doing everything possible to get into a top 10 law school.

I figure I have 2 years left at UC, and they "say" my GPA starts over.

So my question is, when I apply, do I use a merged GPA from both schools or JUST my UC gpa?

Another question, is there any weighing what major you are taking? I'm assuming an engineering degree is harder than business, and business is harder then say, political science. Do they weigh this at all when you apply?

When/how many times should you take the LSAT?

I was hoping to get through this year, and next summer start studying for the LSAT, take a class towards the end of summer, and then take the LSAT to start applying to schools next winter, is this the right way to go about things?

What's your take on taking time off? My parents think if I go work, making money will cause me not to go back to law school.

Last question is what else can I do NOW? as a 20 year old. My parents have some contact, I might be able to get a job with to get some experience, but again, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get in (if it matters I want to go to UCLA or USC).