View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: quick poll, if you would be so kind.

[ QUOTE ]
well i also think we have a hand that is either going to win us a medium sized pot when we do hit, or lose us a large one.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, due to 3bet dichotomy we'll tend to win that medium sized pot quite frequently, and we'll soemtimes win a stack too.
[ QUOTE ]

as i suggested, it's not as though i think folding is definitively better, but i think it's lame to suggest a "good" player should always call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not suggesting they should always call, sometimes they should 4bet, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

call is default though.

[ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't be surprised if it's really marginal and i also wouldn't be surprised if folding generally has a better expectation, even from a really "good" player

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure call is +EV, but this is near impossible to prove.

[ QUOTE ]

i simply don't think the odds i'm being laid are good enough to make me want to play 3bet pots out of position with AQ against a player when i have no idea where they're at or how they play. it strips away many aspects of reading, which i think leads to emphasizing the positional advantage even more

[/ QUOTE ]
well, the one thing that nullifies positional advantage is when you're able to get alot of money into the pot where you THINK you have an advantage. Think about it this way: If we had AA, and we just call, yes, villain has a positional advantage, but because so much money is in the pot, we dont care: This is a spot that is still better for us then them. AQo is similar to that although not as clear since it's not as good as AA.