View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Bioshock: Vita Chamber and other issues

[ QUOTE ]
And re vita chamber: I usually load when I "just" die. But against big daddys etc. I don't seem to be able to make it in one go. Or I don't have enough monies to buy enough health packs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who doesn't have trouble with the Big Daddies? I was kind of disappointed that they were so easy to kill, especially with Frag Grenades (and now with incendiary trap bolts). Even early on I found they could go down pretty easily, with 24 armor, piercing rounds fired from a fair distance.

Now its become fun to come up with creative ways to off them. The best I've heard of (but have been unable to accomplish) is to fire a proximity mine at a deactivated, hacked security bot, enable the bot, shoot at the Big Daddy, and watch the Security Bot go on a suicide mission.

I'm already pretty deep into the game (no spoilers) and have only "died" and been resurrected in a Vita-Chamber once... when I let a Security alarm get way out of hand. Mostly, I don't even need to use more than a single first aid kit to get past a Big Daddy.

I will offer one minor hint below, in white for those who don't want spoilers.

<font color="white">Whenever offered the option to buy a "Health Upgrade" for 80 Adam at a Gatherer's Garden, take it. I wish I had taken those upgrades along the way...</font>

Jester