View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Could the loss of U.S. fish cause online professionals to go broke

[ QUOTE ]
My dad has a couple of acquantainces who were successful online pros and they are both now broke. (Not ridiculously successful, but one guy had quit his job because he was making more $ online and did so for quite a while. His roll was $80K at some point in time.) My dad's theory is that the online poker pool has become much less populated with fish since the Port Security Bill, which contributed or outright caused the demise of the aforementioned players.

1. Does anyone think this is possible or likey?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly could cause a player to be a loser at games he was once beating. It shouldn't cause a player to go broke because any true pro will drop down as his bankroll shrinks until he reaches a level he can beat.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Does this mean that the US is by far the highest exporter of fish? So much so, that the online poker economy would change so drastically that a once successful player would go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

The US player base was exceptionally fishy, but for bankroll management reasons it should not cause any player to go broke.

[ QUOTE ]

3. Does the difficulty of making a deposit affect all limits equally or some more than others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this, but I would guess that it is harder to get large sums of money online so the higher limits are hit the hardest.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Should the guy who was able to quit his job and stay at home with his kids, but who now has to go back to work and pay for daycare, send Senator Frist a personal Thank You for helping him strengthen his family?

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy should kick himself for managing his roll poorly and work like the rest of us to keep it legal.