View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: hand against me: 77

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did I coldcall your UTG raise preflop with only one other coldcaller in the pot? I guess I was very sure the blinds were coming along.

[/ QUOTE ]

there might have been two coldcallers instead; i don't remember. but assuming just 1 coldcaller and loose blinds, do you just fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I end up in a 4-handed pot coldcalling with a pocket pair, then I'm unhappy. 5-handed is okay. 6-handed is great.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call and raise the turn, then hate myself because I don't know whether you're smart enough not to 3-bet KQs on the turn.

Alternatively, I 4-bet now and then call down if you give me more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am smart enough not to 3bet the turn with KQ. does that mean you prefer raising the turn?

also see my note about 4 bets being a cap. does it change your answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's close. When you 3-bet the flop, you're declaring your hand to be TPTK or better. Your UTG+1 raise narrows your hand to things like ATs+, AJo+, KJs+, KQo, AA-99. Your flop 3-bet throws out a lot of hands and puts your range down to AA-QQ, AK, and KQ, unless you're trying too hard to outplay your friend.

I probably end up calling the 3-bet and raising the turn, then calling down when you 3-bet the turn as well. I expect to lose to KK/QQ, but there's no way I fold a set. I don't think it matters a whole lot, though.