View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Neteller alleges I owe them $3k+ WTF?!

NOTE FOR MODS: Wasnt sure where to post this so if it doesnt belong here, please feel free to move it to the right forum and pm me.

Im a little concerned because I just got the following email from investigations@neteller.com:

NETELLER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. xxxx (I have omitted my name for obv reasons),

According to our records, your NETELLER account has a negative balance of $(3,067.00) USD.

NETELLER requires full payment of this balance within 7 days. If we do not receive this payment, your account will be referred to a third-party agency that will pursue the collection of this debt on our behalf. At that time, your NETELLER account will be closed.

To avoid having your account referred to a collections agency please contact NETELLER within the next 7 days at 1-866-775-3345 to make payment arrangements.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NETELLER

Trusted by millions of members and thousands of merchants, NETELLER is the world’s largest independent online money transfer business. NETELLER PLC Group is a public company quoted on the London Stock Exchange (AIM) and NETELLER (UK) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Copyright� 2007 NETELLER. All rights reserved. Trademarks are the property of NETELLER PLC Group, 1 Circular Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1AF

Normally I am very suspect about these sort of emails, but this one looked legit, Im pretty sure the sender is the legit Neteller investigations address.

First up: It is IMPOSSIBLE that my account can have a negative balance. I have NEVER deposited using credit card, and to be honest Im not even sure how to get a negative balance!

The following may be relevant: This Neteller account was hacked about 4 months ago and used as part of a laundering ring, according to Neteller investigations themselves. Luckily I had no money in the account at the time (all on sites), and so I agreed to let Neteller close the account after they said they had solved the problem. I havent made another one in my name as I am currently using one held by my father at the moment.

Usually I just brush these sort of emails off as spam, but this one seemed real to me. I havent emailed them back yet, as Im not sure exactly what to say, but again, there is NO WAY I owe this.

What should I do? If anyone needs anymore info from me dont hesitate to post. Thx!