View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Some serious doubts about pokerstars...

Hello ,

I would like to bring to your attention some facts with regards to pokerstars and i would like to hear from you all what do you think about the following:

1. Greg raymer account was broken into several months ago,
the details of this break in were not addressed by pokerstars. they did not say a word about what had happened in a technical manner. I would expect a multy million $ company to find out when a person is trying 10,000 times to enter the wrong password. the fact that this happened without anyone noticing raising some serious doubts about the security level of pokerstars. could it be that some pokerstars worker gave him the password ?
could it be that the break in was to pokerstars database and not a brute force attack on greg's password ?

2. nikstar - a wcoop event winner 2006 never played before or after on pokerstars. except for that tournament where he took 46K . I find it very hard to belive but thank god for
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/ you can check it for yourself.

If you look at top 5 finishers of some events you will find out that some of them ( which took some $$ ) has no history at all of playing at pokerstars. just like nikstar.

3. I dont think that pokerstars is rigged , i think that they do not know what is going on , i think that a scenario of a hacking group breaking into their networks and seating there is very possible. I dont see how a password can be guessed without anyone seing some ALERTS on monitor . ( and this is not just another password were talking world champ password ) .

I might be wrong , and i hope , i realy hope i am wrong.

PS - i have excluded my self from playing on that site long time ago.

thanks ,

Sheshbeshon.