View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Flopped top set vs. 1 player, no read

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

1. Booya, pocket queens. Been waiting all day for this. Time to raise and re-raise like there's no tommorow... aww fiddlesticks, only 1 player calls, so not as much money, but less likely to catch a bad beat.
2. A-ha! Flopped top set! Flopped the second nuts! I'll bet the inheritance from my rich aunt that you don't have J9, now let's see a raise! aww, cold calls.
3. King of hearts gives MP2 more possibilities. Along with the unlikely J9 previously mentioned, now AJ is a possibility. A heart flush draw is another possibility. But there was no flush draw on the flop and MP2 calls, he can't have that. He's chasing something but I can't figure out what. Maybe he has AQ? I'll make him pay for it, I bet
4. If he was chasing a flush, he just caught it. But he can't have a flush, as the flop only brought 1 heart and he called. I bet he has KQ and he was trying to play it slick on the turn. I call your re-raise

input now!