View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Question about starting hand chart

Nit or not I don't really care. Very few people can multi table while they are learning and not cost themselves some issues in the future. At the very least be aware of that.

Reading the other forums I see stuff and players constantly in trouble because they were chasing the dollars instead of chasing the knowledge.

If you are good enough to do both, congrats. I know I am not. I prefer to learn as much as possible first.

No one should advocate multi tabling as a function of getting more hands under your belt faster so you gain experience. I am not suggesting you are here but when the question gets posted here, I assume that people who are new should get more than the pat answer of multitable is fine, the players suck, if you play ABC poker you are rarely going to run into situations where you will get into too much trouble by dividing your interest and hell I did it why not level as fast as you can so you can make real money sooner.

In the spirit of the question, as it usually comes in this context, I am answering that no I don't think its a good idea to multi table.

In the past, I talked about how I would target multi tabling players and I am not saying that now. That lesson I have learned. But at the same time the experience I gain from playing concentrated poker on one table is much greater than the experience I gain when I play 4-6 tables at once.

It may be coincidence, it may not but when I concentrate my focus and pay attention to one table, I lose less and win more. At 6 max its a very noticeable difference.

I like developing good habits. I think having the patience to learn to play one table at a time is not a bad skill to have. It helps me understand the grind.

I have played online for about 24 non consecutive months now. I have played around 140k hands of LHE. Some guys can knock that off 800 hands in an hour without breaking a sweat.

I would be broke if I tried. So do what you think is best OP. Listen to a nit from Canada or listen to a lolcat but most of all, listen to yourself.