View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Proper place for a Stop and Go? JJ.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few things:

1) This is not a stop n go. This is a go and go.

2) I don't know what the blinds are, but you should probably raise more or less PF. If the BB = t800 make it t2000 PF. It makes your flop shove closer to a pot-sized bet; which is what you want.

3) If the BB = 400, making it t2000 is still ok, but you might do better raising it to something smaller (e.g. min-raise to 800. Pot the flop. Shove the turn).

Anyhow, what I am trying to get at is that you need to size your PF bets to be consistent with your post-flop plan. In doing so, you won't have this awkward stack-pot size on the flop.

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, a lot.
Sorry should have said in my op. The blinds were 200/400 so I went 4x bb, and did sqrew myself with the pot size, and c-bet amount. That makes sense to adjust the PF raise accordingly, the guy that's been teaching me told me never to mini-raise though, and I don't play a lot of tournys so that's why I went 4x. I guess this is a go, and go though. and it turned out I was wrong about his 3-bet range. He had pocket queens and flopped quads, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Don't sweat the JJ vs. QQ result. Even if he shoved PF you would have to call. Just the way tournaments work.

As for the min-raise, I almost always hate it, and I'm not saying it is the best play PF here, but NEVER forget that you have lots of options. Often good players fall into a standard raise or bet amount and forget that they have other options available to them b/c those options are often less than optimal. However, occasionally, they are correct.

I think raising to 800 or 2K PF is slightly better here though, as it makes postflop play more straightforward. GL.

Sherman